Chatbots have been around for years, but as technology continues to improve, more people are actively asking, “can chatbots help me to promote my business locally?” The short answer is, yes, they absolutely can, but to use chatbots correctly, you need to know how they work.
What Are Chatbots?
I’ll leave the techy stuff out and keep it simple. Chatbots are basically computer programs that mimic human conversations. They’re available for a range of internet applications, including Slack, Facebook, and What’s App.
Sophisticated AI technology means that today, chatbots can understand complex information and make automated decisions on how to respond to your visitors. Businesses use chatbots to increase their sales, answer customer queries, signpost visitors to the right area, and to simplify the buying process.
Click here to learn more about how chatbots work.
The Benefits of Using Chatbots
Chatbots have so many benefits, including:
- Cost-effective for Small Businesses – Starting a business and marketing it can get costly, but chatbots can save you money on hiring staff.
- Easy to Set Up – Are you a tech phobe? No problem. There are plenty of developers who can set up your chatbot for you, and it doesn’t cost much at all.
- Simple for Customers – Your customers will find it easy to use a chatbot, and the information is often more accurate than if you hired someone to answer queries on your behalf.
- New Technology – The new generation of chatbots is going to be around for a long time. Implementing one shows customers you’re a forward thinker.
- Increase Conversions – Using a chatbot can help you to convert leads into paying customers. The right information and a speedy process give your visitors the confidence to make a transaction.
How to Use Chatbots to Promote Your Business Locally
So, now you know what chatbots are, but how can you use them? Local businesses can use chatbots in a range of ways to increase their leads and conversions. The critical thing to remember is that it doesn’t matter how small your business is; it’s all about the impression you create. Here are some ways you can use chatbots:
Simplify the Sales Process
Implementing a simple sales process is central to your marketing strategy. We all know that a business can’t survive without sales, and chatbots can help you create an enjoyable sales journey for your visitors.
Chatbots will automate your sales process, which makes it easier for customers to checkout and less time-consuming for you.
Improve Your Service
Don’t underestimate chatbots, because they’re smarter than you could believe! Not only can they make complex decisions, but chatbots also learn about how your visitors respond to them so that they can improve their future interactions.
Businesses that offer their customers the best service are more likely to generate brand loyalty. But it’s hard to give each visitor your undivided attention. A chatbot will perform vital functions such as offering recommendations to your customers, based on the information they provide.
Save Your Time
Think about how long you spend responding to your customers’ queries. Wouldn’t it be ideal if you had a way to answer those questions automatically? Once a chatbot is set up, you can configure it to answer the most common FAQ’s, which saves your time and lets you focus on other areas of your business.
Increase Your Facebook Engagement
Facebook recently launched chatbots for businesses using their messenger service. There are many benefits to this service, including:
- They boost your Facebook engagement.
- Improve your customer service.
- Increase your business sales.
Local businesses can use chatbots to appear more professional to their page visitors, which can be very beneficial if you’re competing with larger companies.
Click here to see some of the best Facebook messenger bot examples.